16
Apr

Link between Competitive Advantage and CSR

Written on April 16, 2007 by Max Oliva in Corporate Responsibility

Max Oliva, Associate Director, Social Impact Management
HBR Porter Kramer.jpg
Michael Porter and Mark Kramer’s “Strategy and Society: The Link Between Competitive Advantage and Corporate Social Responsibility” article has been recognized as Harvard Business Review’s Top Article of the Year.
Porter and Kramer further build on their previous work on “The competitive advantage of Corporate Phylanthropy”, bringing both doing good and doing well into the companys strategy. “If corporations were to analyze their prospects for social responsibility using the same frameworks that guide their core business choices, they would discover that CSR can be much more than a cost, a constraint, or a charitable deed—it can be a source of opportunity, innovation, and competitive advantage.”
They further add: “When a well-run business applies its vast resources, expertise, and management talent to problems it understands and in which it has a stake, it can have a greater impact on social good than any other institution or philantrhopic organization.” Porter and Kramer
I close yet with another quote, this being one of my personal favourites: “There is no inherent contradiction between improving competitive context and making a sincere commitment to bettering society”. Michael Porter
You can have free access to the article until April 24th. I encourage you to read it; it certainly is worth while.

David Swain April 18, 2007 - 6:04 am

Thanks for the tip.

http://www.thedumpinggrounds.com July 19, 2013 - 3:17 pm

Incredible! I’m really enjoying the design of your site. Are you using a customized template or is this readily available to all users? If you do not want to say the name of it out in the public, please make sure to email me at: pearldukes@bigstring.com. I’d absolutely
love to get my hands on this theme! Cheers.

Kristina October 30, 2013 - 12:01 pm

Howdy! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with SEO?
I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing
very good results. If you know of any please share. Many thanks!